Monday, March 24, 2014

I am a new coach.....



“I am a new coach, where do I start?” #1 of 2
• Start with a mentor who you can ask any question – look for someone who is a coach of significance, who will tell you the truth and challenge you
• Go watch coaches who build teams who are consistently competitive, love each other and love the coach
• Go to clinics, read, and ask about the technical parts of the game – knowledge gives you credibility
• Study the “non technical” parts of the game – how to build a team culture, being an excellent practice coach, motivation, building trust, working with challenging athletes, building a staff, building a feeder system, being a confidence builder, working with parents, teaching leadership
• Be intentional about everything you do


Positive Coaching Alliance


positivecoach.org/‎
Positive Coaching Alliance
Positive Coaching Alliance is a national non-profit developing “Better Athletes, Better People” by working to provide all youth and high school athletes a positive, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment